Here’s a poem by my old friend, Madan Mohan Das. Its The Ten Fundamentals or Siksa Dasaka-Moolam; being the articles of faith deduced primarily from Caitanya Caritamrta and adduced as ten propositions by Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
- The Vedic truths are deemed self evident,
As have in pure succession made descent;
2. Which first that Hari is supreme decree,
3. He is possessed of omnipotency;
4. He is the source of bliss and rapture’s store;
5. That souls stand in between the land and shore;
6. Some bound by matter,7 and some bound no more.
All souls and worlds subsist in him alone,
8. And all are one with him, and yet not one.
9. The way to win his grace is said to be,
To sing his name in holy company.
10. And finally to gain the highest bliss
Of Krishna’s love, than which naught better is.